Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Posted for ZWT7- Switzerland. Found on alleasyrecipes.com.
- 3 slice bacon, diced
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 1419.54 ml finely-chopped red cabbage
- 4.92 ml caraway seed
- Put the bacon and onion in a covered casserole and cook in microwave oven 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and then the vinegar and water.
- Add the salt, pepper and sugar and stir. Add the cabbage and caraway seed and stir well to coat the cabbage evenly.
- Cook, covered, in the microwave oven for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add enough water to almost cover the cabbage and cook 1 minute more to heat through.
I'm one of those people that only use their microwave to warm up left overs. This was very easy to make in the microwave. So I know I'll be using this recipe often. The cabbage is so pretty after it is cooked. I skipped step 5, as I liked the slightly thick sauce in the bottom. The sauce has such a pretty red tint from cooking the cabbage. Made for ZWT - Switzerland