Recipe by Allybee Z
Yet another recipe from Rachael Ray that I have tweaked a bit. I absolutely love brussel sprouts but will be making them this way a lot more often than any other.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Loving Brussels Sprouts the way I do, I thought I would like this dish. Surprisingly, I didn't, and can't put my finger on why. I don't hate it, but probably won't be fixing again. But thnx for sharing your recipe, Allybee Z. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 32 ounces Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet, combine vinegar, honey and broth with a whisk. Stir in bay, onion, pepper, mustard seed and turmeric, stir and bring to a boil.
- Defrost brussel sprouts and halve them.
- Add to broth mixture and season with celery salt and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, uncover and cook 5 minutes more.