Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tasty garnish that goes really well with pork and game.
- 1 lb onion
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- salt, to taste
- Peel and slice the onions into rings and place in a saucepan.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, reserving the salt, and add to the pot.
- Bring the broth to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cover and if there is too much liquid, reduce by boiling gently for 10-15 minutes, adding salt if necessary.
- Serve as a garnish to main-course meats.