- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks broccoli, peeled,trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced into very thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 -6 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Add broccoli, onion and garlic and saute over low heat 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sugar and 4 tsp.balsamic vinegar and simmer, stirring, 2-3 minutes Taste and add more vinegar as necessary for sweet and sour taste.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste, stir in pine nuts.