3 hrs 5 mins
My friend, Amy, made this for dinner and I absconded with the recipe! It was great. Tangy and a bit different. The tomatoes made it look nice too! This recipe is from a cookbook called Kosher By Design.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Put brisket in a baking pan.
- 3Pour the sauerkraut over the brisket.
- 4Add the tomatoes with their liquid.
- 5Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 6Cover with foil and bake for 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Brisket (Sauerkraut is the Secret)
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1140.2
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 997.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 50.0 g