1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Braised Pork Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls
So, as much as we love Irish food (did we mention our obsession with Irish Soda bread?), we challenged Chef Ivan Flowers to deliciously incorporate our Maui Maid Teriyaki Marinade into some traditional Irish flavors. Well, he knocked it out of the park. If you use our All Natural Teriyaki Marinade, this recipe is gluten free!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1 lb fresh ground pork
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole san marzano tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pureed garlic
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup all natural maui maid teriyaki marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1Place cabbage in salted boiling water for 8 minutes with lemon juice.
- 2Remove cool and separate into individual leafs. Make sure to slice middle ridge so the leaf is totally flat for rolling, reserve.
- 3Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Place onions in pan and sweat for 7 minutes.
- 5Add pork and sauté for another 10 minutes making sure to break up pork with a spoon as you sauté.
- 6Add garlic puree and cook till garlic is caramelized.
- 7Now add Teriyaki sauce and reduce till mixture has reduced.
- 8Drain off excess liquid and cool mixture at room temperature.
- 9Add cooked rice along with mascarpone cheese and chopped fresh tarragon. Combine well.
- 10Take a tablespoon of mixture and place in cabbage leaf, roll tightly to form a cabbage burrito roll.
- 11The Sauce.
- 12Pulse tomatoes with the liquid in a blender for 20 seconds.
- 13Add tomatoes to a pot along with vinegar, sugar, white wine and sweet chili sauce and reduce by 1/3.
- 14Place cabbage rolls in a baking dish and cover with liquid by two thirds.
- 15Cover with aluminum foil and place in a 350F degree oven for 25 minutes.
- 16Serve in a bowl and drizzle sauce over cabbage.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Braised Pork Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.9
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 884.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce