1/4 Photos of Sweet and Sour Beets
These are pretty much like Harvard beets, you can use canned beets slices (use one can) for this, or fresh cooked beets, I prefer the fresh cooked! also adjust the sugar to taste. You can double this recipe if desired, don't omit the orange zest, it really adds a kick to the beets!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix together the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in a little of the wine or vinegar to make a smooth paste.
- 2Slowly drizzle in the remaining wine or vinegar and the water (adding all the liquid at once can produce lumps in the cornstarch).
- 3Transfer the mixture to a saucepan; cook over low heat stirring and scraping bottom of the pan often.
- 4Cook until liquid is clear (about 5 minutes).
- 5Stir in cooked beets, butter and orange zest; stir until the beets are heated through.
- 6Season with black pepper is desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Beets
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 510.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g