Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Many years ago (before the Net and Zaar) I cut a Beet Salad recipe out of a magazine. My bulging folio of clippings disappeared a couple of moves ago. This is how I've recreated that salad. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 (20 ounce) candiced beets, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons grated onions, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add mustard seed.
- Cool till thickened to the consistency of cream.
- Stir in pineapple with juice and beets.
- Add onion, celery, cranberries, and nuts.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Chill until firm.