1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Beef Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker
8 hrs 10 mins
The slow cooker is the real hero in this braised pot roast. Get a head start by prepping the beef, veggies and broth the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 mL)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (2 mL)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (5 mL)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (5 mL)
- 1 (3 lb) cross rib beef roast (1.5 kg)
- 3 3/4 cups beef broth, low sodium (900 mL)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (60 m)
- 1/4 cup water (60 mL)
- 1In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and sprinkle over the roast.
- 2In the slow cooker, combine broth, vinegar and sugar, and mix well.
- 3Add the beef and vegetables, cover and turn the slow cooker to LOW. Cook for approximately 8 hours
- 4Half an hour before serving, remove the beef and vegetables to a plate and tent with foil. Skim fat from the broth.
- 5Turn heat to HIGH.
- 6Mix flour and water together in a small bowl to make a slurry, and slowly add to the broth, pouring through a strainer to avoid lumps.
- 7Replace lid and cook for 30 minute
- 8Slice beef, serve with gravy, vegetables and your favourite side.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Beef Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.8
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 1715.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 78.6 g