Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
another recipe I came up with. Salt and pepper is optional. This has a fantastic taste.
- 907.18 g boneless chuck roast
- 118.29 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml chili sauce
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 453.59 g packagepeeled baby carrots
- Cut beef into 1 -inch cubes and dredge in flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in a little oil, and place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add carrots and cook an additional 1 1/2 hours.
There's really not much more to say, other than, delicious! The change I made was in the cooking method. I was a little disorganized and ended up baking it in my Dutch Oven at 325 for approx. 2 1/2 hours. I also didn't use the baby carrots. Don't like the way they turn out when cooked, so used regular. Winner! :)
Despite me being a bit loose with the recipe we loved it. I substituted some onion powder because I did not have onions. Also I was not sure what type of chili sauce was meant, but as I live in Asia, I used chili and minced garlic sauce (about 4-5 tspn) so that added garlic. Also I did not have time to throw it in a slow cooker, so I cooked for 1.5 hours after browning and adding sauce. Guess what, it turned out fantastic. Will be making again.
Very good meal! I need to put on more salt next time but that was my fault. I used carrot chunks, onions and celery. We ate it over mashed potatoes. Wonderful! Made for Everyday's a Holiday Tag Game 2014.