Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great Chinese recipe
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from Tidbits)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup drained pineapple tidbits
- Brown hamburger with seasonings.
- Mix in soup, vinegar and sugar, and soya sauce.
- Mix cornstarch small amount of pineapple juice.
- Add to hamburger mixture with tidbits and balance of juice.
- Simmer 1/2 hour.
This is good and also fast, but it seemed too sweet to me. The directions do not say to, but I served this with steamed white rice even though there was rice in the soup. Next time, I will use only 1/2 of the sugar. I think you could use plain chicken broth with this recipe, too -- just add a few sliced carrots. Thanks for sharing.