Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source southern living - dinner and supper cookbook
- 16 ounces canned cut green beans
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Stilton cheese or 2 tablespoons roquefort blue cheese, crumbled
- Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid per 16 oz can.
- Cook bacon and onion until lightly browned.
- Add reserved bean liquid, beans, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper; heat thoroughly.
- Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Very similar to my Green Beans Rhinelander, except for the added blue cheese. I love sweet and sour beans and the blue cheese gave it a different flavor.