Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here's a yummy crock pot recipe from the kitchen of Tamara Vandegrift Easley, Rolla MO. This is on my "to try" list, but I think I'll also add some chunks of smoked sausage to the crock pot and serve with baked potatoes or pasta.
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 453.59 g can lima beans, drained
- 453.59 g can baked beans, drained
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, drained
- Cook bacon in skillet and crumble.
- Combine cooked bacon and 2 T bacon drippings with onion, brown sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and vinegar.
- Mix with 3 kinds of beans in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I haven't tried this recipe, per se, but the one I have includes all the same ingredients, except for the garlic....It is out of this world. I bet with the inclusion of the smoked sausage, it would be even better, if it could get better!!