A great recipe from Paula's Home Cooking, you'll like this! Great for a potluck or a picnic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut yellow wax beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or Northern beans, butter beans, or your choice)
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or other salad oil)
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar (or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1Place all the beans, green pepper, onion and pimentos into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add the oil and celery.
- 3In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and tomato soup.
- 4Bring to a boil and pour over the vegetables.
- 5Toss the mixture gently with 2 forks. Do this a couple times as the mixture cools.
- 6Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- 7The salad will be best if kept refrigerated 24 hours before serving.
- 8Drain and reserve the liquid before serving; it will keep for several days.
- 9The reserved liquid can be poured over the leftovers.
- 10Add more sugar, if you like. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (3476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.0
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1520.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 76.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g