Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Delicious brisket for Passover, Rosh Hashana, or anytime of the year. The first time I made this for a large group anticipating a lot of leftovers to freeze. Everyone ate so much that I didn't have anything left!
- 3 onions, diced
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs beef brisket, well-trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Place onions in pan.
- Place brisket on top of onions and rub with garlic and paprika.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread mixture over brisket.
- Marinate brisket for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator.
- (I always marinate overnight.) Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- Cook covered for about 45 minutes per pound until meat is fork-tender.
- Uncover meat for the last hour and baste occasionally.
- Cool and separate juices to put in a jar.
- Refrigerate brisket and juices overnight, if possible.
- Discard congealed fat from juices.
- Slice brisket and trim away fat.
- Reheat brisket in pan juices.