Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was in our Town's newspaper and was delicious. It can be made with Chicken or Ribs too.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 small pork chops
- You can use 6 medium size chops or 8 smaller ones to make this.
- Mix the first five ingredients together and pour over pork chops.
- Cover and let simmer for about one hour; uncover and turn up the heat until sauce is thick.
- Watch this closely because the sauce will go from very thin to thick quickly.
- Turn chops about every 15 minutes.
- I made the sauce and used Boneless Chicken Breast. I baked this in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes and thicken the sauce with a little corn starch.
My family and I really enjoyed this.
What a winner! Not only is this easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but it's fancy enough to serve guests so you can prepare other sides while this is simmering. At the start, I really didn't think there'd be enough sauce to cover 6 boneless chops, but we had plenty for each. It took only about 5 minutes after an hour of lid-on simmering to get the sauce to reduce and thicken. Each bite was fork tender. MERP'd for my adopted PAC baby Spring '11.