Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The best baked beans you will ever eat!!
- 8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
- 4 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- This is best made in a electric roaster, but you can put it into a crock pot. Slice onions into rings and place into bacon grease, saute until translucent. Add brown sugar, vinegar, and seasonings. Put all beans in slow cooker, stir in bacon and onion mixture. Cook in slowcooker all day, or bake in 350 degree oven for at least one hour stirring often. You may want to remove cover during last half of cooking or they may turn out too runny.