Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is based off of a recipe I found for Sweet and Sour Green Beans. Now, it is the most requested dish for all family functions from Christmas, to Mother's Day. They loose something when microwaved to reheat. Also, I usually use a disposable baking pan, since you do bake them once, and then bake the leftovers, if you are lucky enough to have any! But, in recent months, I have found my Crock Pot, on low, is a good alternative to heating up the oven.
- Fry BACON and remove from FAT.
- Mix SUGAR, VINEGAR and GARLIC; add to hot BACON FAT.
- Cook mixture for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Place BEANS in a shallow baking dish.
- Place ONION rings on top of beans.
- Crumble BACON over the top of the onions.
- Pour SUGAR/VINEGAR/GARLIC/BACON FAT mixture over the top of the BACON.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours.
- These will be runny, so serve in soup bowls.