4 hrs 15 mins
Chef Garlic's Note:
This is based off of a recipe I found for Sweet and Sour Green Beans. Now, it is the most requested dish for all family functions from Christmas, to Mother's Day. They loose something when microwaved to reheat. Also, I usually use a disposable baking pan, since you do bake them once, and then bake the leftovers, if you are lucky enough to have any! But, in recent months, I have found my Crock Pot, on low, is a good alternative to heating up the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry BACON and remove from FAT.
- 2Mix SUGAR, VINEGAR and GARLIC; add to hot BACON FAT.
- 3Cook mixture for about 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- 4Place BEANS in a shallow baking dish.
- 5Place ONION rings on top of beans.
- 6Crumble BACON over the top of the onions.
- 7Pour SUGAR/VINEGAR/GARLIC/BACON FAT mixture over the top of the BACON.
- 8Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours.
- 9These will be runny, so serve in soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.1
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 1524.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 21.7 g