1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Baby Onions
From my Cookshelf Italian cookbook and these are very good! You can add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter or more vinegar for more tang. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in pan.
- 2Add onions and bay leaves, cook about 5-6 minutes over medium high heat, until browned.
- 3Add the lemon rind, sugar and honey to the pan with the onions and bay leaves.
- 4Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until onions are lightly caramelized.
- 5Add the red wine vinegar to the pan, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring until the onions are tender.
- 6The liquid should almost all be gone.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Baby Onions
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind