Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Unique recipe that I haven't tried yet. From San Francisco Encore from the Junior League.
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed and divided
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the avocado halves on a bed of butter leaves.
- Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon and spoon over the warm sauce and serve.