1/1 Photo of Sweet and Snappy Zucchini Relish - Small Batch
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Deb Wolf's Note:
This is the best relish I have ever had. I use my food processor to chop. This is another small batch recipe. So, try it and see if you like it too.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs zucchini, 4 cups finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (not celery salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1Combine zucchini, onion and sweet pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Sprinkle with salt, stir well. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2Drain through a sieve, rinse and drain again, pressing out excess water.
- 3Combine drained vegetables, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, hot pepper flakes and turmeric in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered until vegetables are tender - about 15 minutes.
- 4Blend water and cornstarch; stir. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid thickens and turns clear, stirring often.
- 5Ladle into hot, sterilized jars to within 1/2" of rim. Wipe rims, add hot lids and rings.
- 6Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes for half-pint jars, 15 minutes for pint jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Snappy Zucchini Relish - Small Batch
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 637.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 0.5 g