Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves these meatballs and the sweet/smoky sauce that goes with them. We eat them over rice or on rolls. I usually make a little extra sauce to dip the meatballs in or to pour more over when they are done cooking.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the next five ingredients.
- Add beef;mix well.
- Shape into balls.
- Place in single layers on ungreased baking pans.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning often.
- Place meatballs into an ungreased 1 qt baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 15-30 minutes.
- Stir to cover meatballs evenly with sauce.
This recipe was really easy to put together. My family all loved it. I actually had 3 extra kids that I was watching and they can be picky eaters and they loved it. I made this with Mashed Potatoes. Thank you so much for the recipe.
i cheated and used frozen meatballs but the sauce was great i liked the liquid smoke flavor. i made them for thanksgiving and everyone loved them.