Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and kid-friendly recipe that I always have ingredients on hand to make. I use onion powder in place of diced onion to ensure the kids will eat them, but feel free to use diced onions instead. Serve on hamburger buns with a side salad and dinner is ready!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Brown ground beef with onion powder in a frying pan, drain any grease.
- Mix all other ingredients together and stir into browned beef.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on soft rolls or hamburger buns.
We enjoyed this sweet and simple recipe for sloppy joes. I cut it in half since I only had 1/2 lb of beef and left out the sugar. The one thing I would add is some salt for our tastes. Made for PAC Fall 2012.