Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good served with garlic smashed potatoes and green beans.
- 907.18 g venison loin, silverskin removed
- 236.59 ml flour
- 14.79 ml flour
- 22.18 ml lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 (595.33 g) can beef consomme or 591.47 ml beef stock or 591.47 ml venison stock
- 44.37 ml apple jelly
- 14.79 ml grape jelly
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3.69 ml dried thyme leaves or 29.58 ml fresh thyme
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- Blend the lemon pepper with 1 cup flour.
- Heat the liquids, jellies, tomato paste and spices.
- Slice tenderloin into 3/4" slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound until surface area is doubled.
- Press each slice into seasoned flour and pan fry'till brown on each side.
- Layer into 3 qt casserole dish as they are browned ,with the raw onion and remaining 1 tbs unseasoned flour.
- Pour warm stock and other ingredients over the dish.
- Cover and bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 1 hour (40 minutes covered, last 20 min. uncovered).
Just wanted you to know I tried this recipe and we really liked it. I really liked the onions it was alot like liver and onins. you couldnt even tell it was deer.