1 hr 30 mins
chef blade's Note:
This is really good served with garlic smashed potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs venison loin, silverskin removed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme or 2 1/2 cups beef stock or 2 1/2 cups venison stock
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Blend the lemon pepper with 1 cup flour.
- 2Heat the liquids, jellies, tomato paste and spices.
- 3Slice tenderloin into 3/4" slices.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound until surface area is doubled.
- 5Press each slice into seasoned flour and pan fry'till brown on each side.
- 6Layer into 3 qt casserole dish as they are browned ,with the raw onion and remaining 1 tbs unseasoned flour.
- 7Pour warm stock and other ingredients over the dish.
- 8Cover and bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 1 hour (40 minutes covered, last 20 min. uncovered).
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Savory Venison
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.9
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 703.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning