Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good served with garlic smashed potatoes and green beans.
- 2 lbs venison loin, silverskin removed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme or 2 1⁄2 cups beef stock or 2 1⁄2 cups venison stock
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Blend the lemon pepper with 1 cup flour.
- Heat the liquids, jellies, tomato paste and spices.
- Slice tenderloin into 3/4" slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and gently pound until surface area is doubled.
- Press each slice into seasoned flour and pan fry'till brown on each side.
- Layer into 3 qt casserole dish as they are browned ,with the raw onion and remaining 1 tbs unseasoned flour.
- Pour warm stock and other ingredients over the dish.
- Cover and bake in pre-heated 350F oven for 1 hour (40 minutes covered, last 20 min. uncovered).
Just wanted you to know I tried this recipe and we really liked it. I really liked the onions it was alot like liver and onins. you couldnt even tell it was deer.