Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
This is a recipe that comes from the lovely ingredients Tigerduck gave us for RSC #9. As a result my family enjoyed a vegetable stuffed chicken instead of stuffing with bread. A side of roasted potatoes cooked together with the chicken added to the ease of this recipe, as I am for easy peasy recipes after working all day.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a fairly simple recipe and quite straight forward in its directions. I did use chicken breasts and they did get a little dry, I would suggest sticking to a full chicken or bone in breast. It also took longer for the veggies to cook than I thought it would. I removed the breasts and then let the veggies finish up. All and all a good flavored recipe.
- 3 large white potatoes, cut into wedges (or 4 med)
- 113.39 g baby carrots
- 1360.77-1814.36 g roasting chickens
- 1 large white onion, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 whole tomato, quartered
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml orange zest
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper, spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken inside and out, discard or save innards.
- In bowl mix together cinnamon, tomato, orange zest, ½ of onion slices, and baby carrots.
- In fry pan melt butter and sauté above ingredients minus chicken until onions are golden or semi translucent. Onions should still be firm, slightly softened.
- Stuff chicken with sautéed veggies, place in roasting pan.
- Arrange potato wedges around chicken.
- Place remaining onion slices on top of potatoes.
- Add ½ cup water to pan.
- Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and lemon pepper spice over chicken and potatoes.
- Place in oven, cover with foil, cook 350°F for 75 minutes.
- Check for doneness, time may need adjustment (see note).
- Take foil off last 15 minutes to brown skin.
- NOTE: I use a propane oven and propane burns higher than a gas or electric oven. I usually start checking at the 60 minute time when cooking and.