Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
During the holidays, I try to keep snack mixes on hand. Instead of reaching for a cookie, I reach for a handful of mix. This is one I've been making a few years. I really like it!
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 250°F In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, mix pretzels, cereals and nuts.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring to coat.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Yummy. The only problem I had was some of it stuck to the pan, even with all the butter...I was still able to save enough for a great treat! That was my fault though, I let it set for a couple minutes before pouring it out of the pan (was busy with dinner). I used Teddy Grahams instead of Golden Grahams (boo boo when shopping). I didn't use wheat chex, as I don't like them - I subbed in corn chex instead. I know - not as healthy... Thanks for posting! Made for Every Day is Holiday Tag Game.