1/2 Photos of Sweet and Savory Quinoa Salad
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Created for Quest - South America - a combination of the ingredients I love best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup organic quinoa, uncooked
- 1/3 cup scallion, chopped (light green and dark green)
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or more to suit your taste)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or more to suit your taste)
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen, cooked until tender in salted water)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette (creamy style preferred)
- 1Wash quinoa thoroughly under cool running water using a sieve. Combine 2 cups water, quinoa and bring to a boil. Cook according to package instructions or approximately 20 minutes (covered). Cook corn in salted water until tender; then drain well.
- 2Place quinoa in a bowl and allow it to come to room temperature along with the drained corn.
- 3Meanwhile, chop scallions and parsley - add to quinoa once it has cooled. Add feta cheese and dried cranberries. Mix well. Add balsamic vinaigrette - mix well. Add additional dressing if needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 4Allow salad to sit for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve at room temperature and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Savory Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 219.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: