Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is great for the upcoming grill season!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno jelly
- 8 hamburger buns
- grilled onion
- grilled pineapple slice
- Stir together the first 6 ingredients; pour into a shallow pan or baking dish (I have used a food storage bag).
- Shape beef into 8 patties; place in a single layer in the marinade, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours. Drain, reserving the marinade.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat (350-400) for 5 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink, brushing several times with reserved marinade.
- Stir together chili sauce and jelly.
- Serve patties on buns with chili sauce mixture and toppings.
I just found this recipe in a back issue of Southern Living and knew I'd find it posted on Zaar :). I made these tonight for my husband and I, following the recipe exactly and marinating them the full 4 hours. My husband really enjoyed them and gobbled up two, but I didn't care for them as much (hence the 4 stars and not 5). I did, however, love the chili sauce and jalapeno jelly mixed together and spread on the buns. Thank you for posting this.