Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up but it is based on food I ate traveling in Mexico, with some of what I had around thrown in. Came out great! Easy to make!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ripe plantain, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian sausage, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (8 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions, garlic and vegetarian sausage on medium heat until the onions are golden and the sausage slightly browned.
- Add the plantain, zucchini and black beans and sauté until everything is heated through.
- Remove the mixture from the pan. Sprinkle cheese into each tortilla. Divide the bean mixture evenly into each tortilla, or just put in however much seems like it will fit rolled up.
- Fold up each side of the tortilla into a burrito and place two or three, flap side down into the skillet for a minute or two, until the tortilla is slightly browned and crispy and doesn't come open when you flip it.
- Flip the burritos and brown the other side and repeat for the remaining burritos.
- Garnish with salsa or sour cream as you like and enjoy!