Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
From January edition of Martha Stewart Living. This recipe is so awesome we have made it for several people and its been a hit, plus it makes your house smell really good.
Top Review by ~Paula~
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 - Absolutely Scrumptious! The only change that I made was to use a 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in place of the fresh pineapple. I chopped all the ingredients and added it to the drained, crushed pineapple with great success. Very moist and flavorful! I will definately be making this again!
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh tarragon (I use infinite herbs pack)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 lb) roasting chickens, cut into pieces (about 4 1/2 lbs.)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 8 shallots (2 coarsely chopped, 6 halved length wise)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Chop 2 sprigs of fresh Tarragon and combine in bowl with 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp ground pepper. Rub mixture all over chicken. Transfer to larger roasting pan, you can refrigerate this up to 24 hours before baking.
- Put pineapple, chopped shallots, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt into food processor. Mix until slightly chunky.
- Spread pineapple mixture over chicken and then add remaining Tarragon sprigs and sliced shallots to roasting pan. Bake chicken, basting with pan juices occasionally, until skin is golden, about 50 minutes.