Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
That's what my kids call it. When they heard I was making sauerkraut they asked if I can make it more sweet than sour. This is how I did it and boy were they pleased!
- 28 ounces canned sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
- Saute bacon, onions and garlic until very well browned; drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to casserole.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.