Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These meatballs are great served as an appetizer or as a main dish with some rice. They would be great to serve on Thanksgiving because of the turkey and jellied cranberry sauce. If you wanted you could even buy the mini meatballs and just make the sauce if you are pressed for time or don't feel like making the meatballs. Feel free to substitute with your choice of ground meat to make the meatballs if you are not to fond of ground turkey.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- chop onion. In a bowl combine turkey, onion, egg, bread crumbs, thyme, pressed garlic, and salt: mix gently but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into balls( I use a 2tb scoop). Place in a single layer over bottom of deep dish. Bake 15 minutes and then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small batter bowl, combine cranberry sauce, ketchup, marmalade, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Pour sauce over meatballs; mix gently to coat meatballs evenly. Return to oven; continue baking 15 minutes. Stir gently before serving.