Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I love ham and pineapple together. Got this sandwich idea from a Betty Crocker recipe. It is easy because it cooks in a crockpot.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked smoked ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 18 sandwich buns
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a 4 quart crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir just before ready to serve.
- Fill each sandwich bun with about 1/4 cup ham mixture (use a slotted spoon).
We thought this was very good. I took peaceangel_ca's advice and halved the mustard to 1/4 cup. The sauce is amazing. In fact, DH and I think this dish would be even tastier over rice than as a sandwich. Thank you.
My family liked this one OK. A good use for leftover ham. we served it on little tiny potato rolls and the girls thought that was a lot of fun. It made a lot and we were able to stretch the leftovers to several lunches.
My family enjoyed this meal except for the mustard, which made it too spicy for our taste. I will make it again though with only a couple of tbsp. of mustard and maybe some soya sauce. It was nice and easy to prepare.