Recipe by evelyn/athens
From America's Test Kitchen, with really good instructions from puppymomma's blog.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Sooo delicious! Made this wonderful salmon dish for dinner tonight and it was a hit. I made just as directed and grilled it on my indoor-outdoor grill. Will definitely make this recipe again. Made for Culinary Quest, 2014 - Pacific Northwest.
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (2 inches wide)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 scallions, rough cut
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, stems okay
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- aluminum foil, folded into a little tray
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the jelly, scallions, cilantro, garlic, and lime zest into a food processor. Pulse the processor until the mixture is finely pureed.
- Put in a small saucepan over medium heat, bubbling away for 2-3 minutes. Add to the butter and mix while it all melts into the sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put the salmon face-down (presentation side) onto the foil. You are putting it face-down because during cooking, you will turn the fish over one time only, therefore ending-up with the pretty side face-up so you can re-glaze at the end.
- Now brush the less-attractive bottom side (which is now face-up) with the sauce.
- Put the aluminum foil trays with your salmon onto the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon fillets over with tongs.
- With a spoon, put a thick layer of the glaze on top and let the salmon finish cooking.
- Plate the salmon. Add a little more glaze on top and garnish it with lemon and cilantro.