Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From America's Test Kitchen, with really good instructions from puppymomma's blog.
Make and share this Sweet and Saucy Grilled Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned (2 inches wide)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 2 scallions, rough cut
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, stems okay
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
- aluminum foil, folded into a little tray
- Put the jelly, scallions, cilantro, garlic, and lime zest into a food processor. Pulse the processor until the mixture is finely pureed.
- Put in a small saucepan over medium heat, bubbling away for 2-3 minutes. Add to the butter and mix while it all melts into the sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Put the salmon face-down (presentation side) onto the foil. You are putting it face-down because during cooking, you will turn the fish over one time only, therefore ending-up with the pretty side face-up so you can re-glaze at the end.
- Now brush the less-attractive bottom side (which is now face-up) with the sauce.
- Put the aluminum foil trays with your salmon onto the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon fillets over with tongs.
- With a spoon, put a thick layer of the glaze on top and let the salmon finish cooking.
- Plate the salmon. Add a little more glaze on top and garnish it with lemon and cilantro.
Sooo delicious! Made this wonderful salmon dish for dinner tonight and it was a hit. I made just as directed and grilled it on my indoor-outdoor grill. Will definitely make this recipe again. Made for Culinary Quest, 2014 - Pacific Northwest.
Yummy salmon. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro so I only used about half of it in the sauce. I used green jalapeno jelly but think the red one would add a special splash of color for this even tho the taste wouldn't be any different. This was easy to make and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Amazing concentrated flavors that are sweet (from the jelly), flavorful (from green onion & cilantro), and spicy (from jalapenos). We loved the taste as well as the colors in the beautiful glaze. A delightful recipe from America's Test Kitchen. 9/09 update - I think I've made this recipe 5 times now, and it really rocks! I double the sauce recipe and keep half in the refrigerator for the next batch.