Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
"Cumin, cinnamon, and ground chipotle pepper give these easy baked nuts their irresistibly addictive flavor. Give them as gifts or keep around for company during the holiday season." Courtesy of Good Housekeeping.
- 1 large egg white
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 ounces salted mixed nuts (3- 10 oz cans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pans with vegetable oil, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat egg white until foamy.
- Add sugar, cumin, chipotle pepper, and cinnamon, and beat until well combined.
- Add nuts to egg-white mixture; with rubber spatula, stir until well coated.
- Spread nut mixture evenly in prepared jelly-roll pans.
- Bake on 2 oven racks 20 to 25 minutes or until coating on nuts is golden-brown and dry, stirring once and rotating pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking for even browning.
- Cool nuts completely in pans on wire racks, at least 1 hour.
- With hands, break apart any large clusters of nuts when cool.
- Store cooled nuts in tightly sealed containers at room temperature up to 2 weeks.