Recipe by eclairekat
A yummy snack mix that I created for my husband because I couldn't find a mix that did not use corn syrup. This makes a smaller batch than most snack mixes out there.
Top Review by Chef summerlover
My best friend loves the combination of sweet and salty flavours, so when I was invited to 'tag-along' for a 2 day working road trip, I was determined we should have something to munch along the way and this sounded perfect. Needless to say, we loved it! I made a few minor changes to suit my preferences ... 1 1/2 cups each pretzels and peanuts, so I upped the butter to 1/2 cup and the sugar to 2/3 cup. I also used reese pieces instead of M&M's. So-o-o-o-o good! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine Crixpix, Cheerios, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl.
- On the stove in a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to the melted butter.
- Cook until butter bubbles slightly.
- Pour over the dry mixture and toss (or mix) so that everything is coated evenly.
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir mixture and then bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread out onto waxed paper.
- Allow mixture to cool, stirring and breaking up pieces as necessary.
- Once the mixture is cool, add the M&Ms.