Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so yummy, easy to do, and looks great bagged up in individual size bags.
- 5 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel sticks
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 (6 ounce) canroasted salted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- Combine Crispix, pretzels, peanuts and almonds in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat well. Spread evenly onto a lightly greased aluminum foil lined jelly roll pan (15x10 inches).
- Bake at 325ºF for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice. Spread immediately onto parchment paper or wax paper. Let stand to cool completely, separating mixture into individual pieces as it cools. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Bugles. Store in an airtight container.
I just made this for holiday goodie bags for work. My first batch burned, so that was a bust. I followed the directions exactly. I only cooked it for 10 minutes before I smelled something burning. I didn't really get a salty sweet flavor. Just more sweet. I guess if you were to eat handfuls of this snack at a time you might get the salty/sweet combo. I added some sea salt to the mixture while cooling and seasoned salt after it was all mixed with the bugles. This recipe was just...eh...to me. I'm making a second batch and reduced the heat. I'm hoping I have a better luck, but based on the first batch, I don't think I'll be doing this mix again.
Made this for a get together at my home. Lots of people asked for the recipe. We really enjoyed it.
I made this for a travel snack, but my husband ate half of it before we could get out the door. My advice? Make two batches! I don't know if they sell Bugles anymore; I couldn't find them, but substituted with a cup of Cheerios!