Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Being a pretzel freak, and also loving the sweet/salty taste of baked goods, these are a favorite of mine. Got this out of a Woman's Day magazine.
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 61 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups bite-size pretzels
- Line a 9x9 square baking pan w/foil extending 2 inches above sides of pan.
- Melt both chocolates and the butter in a large bowl in the microwave stirring often.
- Remove and stir in cracker crumbs (2 cups) and milk until blended.
- Fold in 2 cups pretzels.
- Spread in baking pan.
- Lay remaining pretzels on top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Lift foil by ends onto cutting board.
- Cut into 6 strips, then cut each strip into 6 squares.
these were great little treats! my family just kept munching these down all weekend. We all agreed they're 5 star worthy. Yum!
I don't know what went wrong here...I followed the recipe to a 't'. These were grainy and oddly 'milky' (I even went back to make sure the milk was still good, it was) despite the abundance of chocolate. I even waited until the next day to see if they'd get better with more chill time. I'm sad to say that no, they didn't improve and the whole lot was thrown out.
these are totally habit-forming, lucky I gave these to my DS and GF or I would have finished them off myself, I used regular canned condensed milk next time I am going to try these using my recipe#73863, thanks for sharing Coffee!