Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a homemade Garnola Bar that offers both the sweet and salty fan in your family something to cheer about. Crunchy seeds and nuts paired with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips make these a summer staple for families on the go!!
- 3 cups oats (Robin Hood or Old Mill)
- 1 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (or a combination of both) or 1 cup pumpkin seeds (or a combination of both)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup crisco all-vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 15x20-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- BARS: Combine all ingredients for bars in large bowl. Mix well. Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- TOPPING: Combine melted chocolate and Kosher salt. Drizzle over bars. Allow chocolate to harden. Cut into bars.
- NOTE; When lining a pan with parchment paper, overlap the sides to allow for easy removal and cutting of squares.