Chef mariajane's Note:
Here's a homemade Garnola Bar that offers both the sweet and salty fan in your family something to cheer about. Crunchy seeds and nuts paired with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips make these a summer staple for families on the go!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups oats (Robin Hood or Old Mill)
- 1 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (or a combination of both) or 1 cup pumpkin seeds (or a combination of both)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1/2 cup crisco all-vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 15x20-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- 2BARS: Combine all ingredients for bars in large bowl. Mix well. Press evenly into prepared pan.
- 3Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- 4TOPPING: Combine melted chocolate and Kosher salt. Drizzle over bars. Allow chocolate to harden. Cut into bars.
- 5NOTE; When lining a pan with parchment paper, overlap the sides to allow for easy removal and cutting of squares.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Salty Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g