Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I need to make a snack really quick. I have made these nuts a couple of times and packaged them for Christmas gifts. They also make a good snack on a cold evening. I often make a double batch and use both pecans and walnuts. Salt can be varied depending on how salty you would like them to be. This recipe was originally from a really old Betty Crocker cookbook, but I varied it a little.
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place nuts in a bowl and pour the egg white over them. Stir until nuts are coated and sticky.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over nuts and stir until nuts are completely coated.
- Spread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes.
These were fabulous. I like the fact I did not have to keep turning like other recipes. My guests loved them. Thanks.
Not as sweet as I thought! but still good!
YUM! Very sweet and salty! Takes away sweet/salty craving. DH is not into nuts, so they are all for me! Thanks, chef for the great snack ! Made for April Herb/Spice of the Month = CINNAMON - tag game.