Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tasty way to satisfy those "sweet and salty" cravings. :) I found this recipe online while searching for a way to use up the rest of the Crispix cereal I had purchased for another recipe.
- 4 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups broken pretzels
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine cereals, peanuts, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- Immediately pour sugar mixture over cereal mixture, and stir well to coat; stir in M&Ms.
- Using a greased spatula, press mixture tightly into a greased jellyroll pan (approximately 15X10 inches) and cool at room temperature. (I spread it as evenly as I could, then covered with a sheet of non-stick aluminum foil and pressed it out firmly and evenly.).
- Cut into bars when completely cooled.
This recipe is wonderful! I followed as planned but did not have mnm's so I used chocolate chips instead. They were great! Also, A little tip I picked up somewhere. Put your hands under cold water and use them to press the bars into the pan. Your hands will not stick....just get a little messy, but it works really well. :)
Used cranberries (instead of M&Ms) and unsalted roasted nuts. Super tasty! Thank you!
This one is a hit! Not only does my dd love it (sans nuts), but I am able to portion control it easily. We spooned the mixture into lined cupcake tins, and it measured out as 27 bars. We could easily eat several because they are delish, but this is an easy way to keep track. I'll post a picture of the 'cupcake bars' with the next batch. Also need to note that dd's friends are asking for recipe every day. Thank you for such a versatile, kid-friendly, easy-to-make lunch-box pleaser!