Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 365 BBQ and Grilling Recipes.
- vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (or 2 t dried)
- Prepare a medium fire. Cut heavy duty aluminum foil into 6 inch squares and brush with oil.
- Place an onion half on each.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, honey and sage. Brush mixture over top of each onion half. Wrap tightly in foil.
- Grill onions, turning occasionally, until soft when pierced with a fork or skewer, about 30-40 minutes.