Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in Taste of Homes Simply Delicious and it is yummy!
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen popcorn chicken
- In a large skillet or wok, stir fry green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice in a 2 cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 1/3 cups; stir in the vinegar, soy sauce and ketchup.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple juice mixture until smooth. Gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pineapple. Reduce hat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, microwave chicken according to package directions. Stir into pineapple mixture. Serve immediately.