Recipe by superblondieno2
this is an amazing sweet yet savory sidedish. I only made half a recipe, but it made a lot!! also, you may need to add some extra water because the dried fruit soaks up some water. also, start off with only one teaspoon of cinnamon before adding the other. you may find that one is enough for your taste.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 cups couscous, dry
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add the butter, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the couscous.
- Cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds, and serve.