Recipe by Kree
This quick and easy couscous is full of flavor. I found the recipe on Allrecipes and adapted it to make it dairy-free and lower in fat.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the vegetable broth into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the margarine, apricots, dates and raisins. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir in the cinnamon and toasted almonds and serve.