- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons vindaloo curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 300 g cauliflower florets (about 1/2 head)
- 400 ml passata
- 400 g canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 250 g fresh spinach leaves, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add curry paste and fry 1 minute.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and cook 1 minute more.
- Add courgettes and cauliflower and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in passata along with 100ml water and the chickpeas. Season to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Can be chilled or frozen at this stage. You'll need to defrost thoroughly before re-heating.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach. Remove from heat just as leaves begin to wilt.