Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My girlfriend gave me this idea. The first few jars that you open are sweet but by the time you open the last jar they are just hot. And you can make it as hot or as mild as you prefer.
- ball bread and butter pickle mix
- 4 lbs hot peppers (any kind)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped garlic
- 2 onions
- 4 bell peppers, cored and de-seeded
- 7 cups sugar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 8 -9 cups blanched cored and peeled tomatoes
- Clean and cut caps off of hot peppers.
- Put into the blender until puree.
- Then put pureed hot peppers into a large pot.
- Then put the onions and Garlic in the blender until pureed And then into the pot.
- Then Puree bell peppers.
- Put in the pot.
- Puree Tomatoes last to kinda wash out the blender and put into your large pot.
- Then put the sugar, vinegar,and pickle mix into the pot and heat to a boil.
- And cook to the thickness that you want.
- Put into jars and seal.